Whats does it mean to be 100% biodegradable?


Until now, phone cases have done very little in the fight against plastic. But now our 100% biodegradable cases not only protect your phone but also protect your environment.

When you eventually replace our case, given the right conditions, it will quickly degrade without leaving anything harmful behind, blend back in with the earth and reduce plastic pollution. #circleoflife.

It says biodegradable on the box, but is it really?


Not every biodegradable case is the same and some are 'greener' than others. Our cases, however, are free from plastics, BPA, cadmium and lead.

For us it's important you know exactly what's in your case and to be 100% confident that you have a truly great biodegradable solution. This is why we list the 'ingredients' in our product below so you can make an informed decision for yourself.


The term biodegradation means the breakdown of organic material by microorganisms, such as bacteria and fungi. To be 'biodegradable' a product requires a conversion of >90% of the original material into CO2, water and minerals by biological processes within 6 months of its disposal.



Our product is fully certified and made from a customised blend of 100% biodegradable polymers and plant elements. The planet saving, alternative, to general environmentally harmful plastic phone cases. 


In order to achieve this and for us to obtain that perfect custom-fit, impact protective phone case whilst preserving 100% biodegradability it requires a complex mix of natural ingredients shown below for your information.


81.3%    PBAT 

9.4%      Calcium carbonate 

4.5%      Tributyl acetyl citrate 

1.9%      Talc 

1.5%      Natural fibres/Plant Cellulose  

1.4%      Titania 



81.3% - PBAT (Polybutylene adipate terephthalate) 


PBAT is know as a bioplastic used to impart flexibility while maintaining full biodegradability of the final mix. 

The term bioplastic itself is extremely confusing. This has become a ‘thing’ because bio-based products exhibit exactly the same properties and behave like ordinary plastic hence the continuance of the naming. But they are very different! 



An estimated 99% of all plastic is made from fossil fuels such as oil and gas. The remaining 1% is made from natural raw materials such as corn, cane sugar, or potatoes. Its these bio-based plastics, or bioplastics, that are used in biodegradable bags, food packaging, disposable cups, phone cases etc. 


9.4% - Calcium carbonate 


Calcium carbonate is a common substance found in rocks as the minerals calcite and aragonite (most notably as limestone) and is the main component of pearls and the shells of marine organisms, snails and eggs. 

It's function in our products, is as a natural plastic replacement increasing rigidity and enhancing the biodegradability of your phone case.


4.5% - Tributyl acetyl citrate 


Tributyl acetyl citrate is an organic compound and acts in our cases as as a 'natural' plasticiser which is a substance that is added to a mix of materials to make it more flexible and to help all the elements bind together. 


1.9% - Talc 


Talc is a clay mineral and used as a thickening agent helping in the solidity of our case. It also aids as a colourant. 



1.5% - Natural fibres/Plant Cellulose 


The fibres you see in our cases are made from bamboo or wheat and dependent on the % used increase or decrease the fleck/spot/mark effects you see in our finished product.


Dark Chocolate Bio


1.4% - Titania   


Titania or Titanium dioxide occurs in nature as the mineral’s  rutile  an d anatase.  It has a wide range of applications but in our cases its used to help provide the colour.



Kills 99.99% of harmful bacteria on your case

Unlike antibacterial protection which lasts for short periods before another application is required antimicrobial protection offers a great level of protection and will protect your phone case from up to 99.99% of all harmful bacteria for the lifetime of your device (and beyond) by continuously inhibiting the growth of microbes on surfaces.

Protect your phone while the built-in antimicrobial protection helps keep your case hygienically clean.


100% recyclable


What do I do when Im done with the case? 

Our cases will outlast the lifetime of your device as people tend to upgrade their phone every 22 months so its very possible your case will still be doing it's job perfectly but for those who want a change simply put your case in the residual waste bin for recycling into another product.